Sunday, March 20, 2005

A Little Help Please



The Unknown Column will be MIA for most of the week, so in my absence I will leave you with a very perplexing question, a question that has befuddled the greatest minds of our time for years. And that question is:

For the love of God, how does Billy Packer keep his position as CBS's main play-by-play guy?

Packer is arrogant, annoying, and seemingly universally disliked. (Go ahead, ask a basketball fan what they think of Packer.) I need answers here, people. This keeps me up at night.

By the way, if anyone knows how Tim McCarver keeps his job, I'd love to know the reasoning behind that, as well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jackie Chiles said...

Recognizable voices. That really is the only explanation I can come up with.

For my money, McCarver is worse than Packer. Deion with the bucket of ice water to McCarver's head will always be one of the greatest locker room moments ever.

1:05 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Heard in a four minute period on Sunday game versus Miss. St:

Sheldon Williams is the leading shot blocker in the ACC.

He has learned to do play aggressively without fouling, so he can stay in the game. And somehow he is able to do that and is still a great shot blocker.

Wow. I am surprised he could make that basket right over top of Williams. Williams is a great shot blocker you know.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home