Tuesday, August 23, 2005

No, Really?



Speaking on his TV show, Maradona has finally admitted to using his hand in the infamous "Hand of God" goal against England in the quaterfinals of the 1986 World Cup.

Gee, thanks, Diego. There hasn't been so little suspense to a mystery since O.J.

This still doesn't explain Maradona's winner on that day. God was nowhere to be found when he dribbled through the ENTIRE England team, but I'm sure Gary Lineker has new reason to be ticked off anyway.

More importantly, Maradona has a TV show? Well, that would explain some things. The other day, I thought I saw a clip while flipping channels of Pele playing an acoustic guitar and singing a song in front of a TV audience with a big smile on his face. And Maradona was there. It was very weird, like the surrealist of dreams. The next day I actually questioned whether I had seen it, or if I had imagined it, or if it was possibly drug-related. It must have been a clip from Maradona's TV show. You see the damndest things on the Hispanic channels in the middle of the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home