Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Keep On Keepin' On



It's a little after six pm right now. Tuesday. October 11, 2005.

First, I just want to apologize for not posting much lately. I've been severely under the weather for the last week or so and haven't had much energy. I know my three readers must be disappointed.

Now that I'm done being a whiny bitch..

In a little less than an hour from now, the White Sox will take the field to face the Angels before a raucous crowd at the Cell in Game One of the ALCS. ESPN heavyweights - Dan Patrick and Peter Gammons - are spending much of SportsCenter reporting from the stadium. I had no idea national media-types knew the White Sox existed. Not that I'm complaining. Just saying I have never seen anything like this surrounding the Sox before in my lifetime. Unfortunately, local dipshit Jay Mariotti is with them.

And for the record, Mariotti was on Around the Horn yesterday and J.A. Adande and the host (what's his name) mentioned how Mariotti suggested in his column with about a week to go in the regular season that the 'Wheeze Sox' (as the dim-witted dicksack took to calling them) would not win another game. I specifically remember Mariotti writing this. Yet on national TV, Mariotti denied having written it. Adande and what's-him-name said, "Yes, you did." Mariotti shook his head and denied it again.

Mariotti was lying on national TV. He did write it. I would look it up but I'm lazy.

Wait.

You know what? Fuck it. I'm not that lazy.

This is an exact Mariotti quote from September 28...

Is it possible the Wheeze Sox won't win another game this year?


Here's another...

For now, they'd better think about winning one ballgame. I'm not sure they can.

So not only is Mariotti a dull, mediocre-writing blowhard who is often proven way wrong, but worse, he is a straight-up liar. He looked directly into the cameras of ESPN, and into the eyes of a nation, and lied.

But fuck Mariotti.

There are 48 minutes to game time and I'm not letting that frumpy twit make me lose focus of the fact that the Sox are heading places they have never headed before. This is fun. It's all new. It's like the first time I hit a strip club. My eyes are wide-open and the possibilties seem endless.

Bartolo Colon, the Angels Cy Young candidate, is out for the series and I just want to let the baseball gods know right now that in no way, shape, or form did I hope or pray for injuries to Sox opponents. Honest. I know better than to mess with karma like that.

I would also like to tell the baseball gods thank you. Colon's injury can't hurt.

Then again, the Angels are too good to fall apart over Colon's injury. It means little to nothing. If the Sox are going to win, they will need to do what they did all year - play with heart, smarts, and a chip on their shoulder.

I feel good.

I'm not nervous at all.

The air feels good.

Jose Contreras is on the mound and it's hard to argue with a dude doing it for Cuba.

The bats have just been waiting for this stage to explode. Yeah, that's what they've been doing.

I like the vibes.

Forty-two minutes till game time now. I'm so nervous I might go puke. And if I see Mariotti talking about the Sox from the Cell on ESPN again after he mercilessly bashed them all year, I most definitely will puke.

1 Comments:

Blogger NFL Adam said...

Good luck to you guys. I know exactly what you are going through coming from an Angels fan that lived in the Dodgers shadow for years. It is quite a thrll when all of the ESPN guys have to go to your stadium, instead of your popular cross-town rival.

Good luck in the WS. You will end up sweeping the Cardinals, too.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home