Saturday, February 18, 2006

Celebrity Game?

I'll pass, thank you.



I caught the beginning of this abomination of an event last night at NBA All-Star weekend and was alarmed at how few of the clebrities I actually knew. Ice Cube and Nelly were about the only dudes I could recognize for sure. And maybe Bow Wow, though I'm not sure if it was him and didn't really care. (Admittedly, watching the teams trot out of the tunnel was about all I could stomach before switching channels.) Eva Longoria and Queen latifah were the coaches, which meant we wouldn't see the stunning spectacle of Longoria shaking her tight ass up and down the court, nor the hilarity of Queen Latifah doing the same with here robust behind. Other than that, I was seriously lost as to who these people were. I figured my total disregard for inane pop culture would someday be complete, and was probably nearing that point already, but this was ridiculous. Hell, I didn't even know the token hot blonde chick. How could I not know the hot blond chick? Am I slipping?

Then I figured, nah, it's probably a good thing that I don't now these people.

Anyway, I didn't even make it through to the tipoff before Olympic curling actually seemed like a better entertainment option. Can someone please explain curling to me? Please? It looks like it might be fun, and some of the chicks are quite nice to look at, but I have no idea how it works. None. And while you're at it, I'd also like to know why you or I couldn't compete at curling. While drinking. Heavily. At this point, darts might as well be an Olympic sport. And dodgeball. Most definitely dodgeball.

Elton Brand was interviewed before the celebrity game and I couldn't help but wonder, not for the first time, what Brand, Brad Miller, and Ron Artest would look like if still in Bulls uniforms.

Ah, who gives a hit? What's done is done.

Da Bulls pounded, pounded, the Sixers on Thursday night. We have good vibes over All-Star weekend. Here we go now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home