Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Sasha Time

Sasha Cohen skates tonight. At long last. Be there. She's a cutie.

So will Emily Hughes, who has the potential to be one of the better stories of these Olympics. With her sister Sarah winning in 2002, and after the debacle with Michelle Kwan's controversial inclusion on the team initially, an Emily Hughes win here would certainly cause a stir. You can't stop the Hughes sisters; you can only hope to contain them.

And, yes, I actually have a thing for female figure skating. Call me weird or effeminate or gay even. I don't care. I just do and I always have. If I'm wrong, I don't want to be right. I think this is all Katarina Witt's fault. My problem must have started with her.

By the way, the favorite is Russian Irini Slutskaya. Slutskaya. Get it? (Oh, lord, I'm still thirteen years old in my head.)

Sasha! Cohen! (Clap! Clap! Clapclapclap!)

Sasha! Cohen! (Clap! Clap! Clapclapclap!)



2 Comments:

Anonymous jerloma said...

What's the deal with all of the pictures of her in these flexible positions anyway? Is that something that is unique because I would have thought it was pretty much a requirement of any figure skater to be able to do that.

My word verification is "duburce". What the fuck is "duburce"?

11:16 AM  
Blogger UnknownColumn said...

Hey, I'm not about to complain about photos of figure skaters showing their flexibilty. Hell, as far as I'm concerned, there aren't enough photos of figure skaters showing their flexibility.

Duburce? I think he was French.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home