Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Basketball History In Photos

I stumbled upon this site accidentally while looking for a photo of Radenko Dobras - yes, you heard me correct, the legendary Radenko Dobras - and thought it was pretty cool. I'm sure you can find better historical collections of basketball photos out there in space somewhere, but you can kill a few minutes (or more if you're a hardcore hoops junkie) by perusing these pics. There is definitely some interesting stuff. Fors instance, Bo Kimble shooting lefthanded in honor of his late teammate Hank Gathers...



That Loyola Marymount squad was one of my all-time favorites and remains so. Too bad they ran into that Larry Johnson/Stacey Augmon UNLV juggernaut in the Elite Eight.

If you're into the obscure or humorous, how about a shot of the Greek national team in 1987? I'm sure we all remember that legendary squad...



Or maybe Larry Bird as a French Lick teenager...



Wilt Chamberlain in the Garden, which he must have dreaded...



Like I said, there are plenty of pics to keep you entertained if you're bored.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home