Friday, March 10, 2006

Light Purple And Teal?



What's the deal with some arenas insisting on using the ugliest color combinations imaginable on their basketball courts come March? Start keeping an eye out for this. Seriously.

I noticed this trend start in the '90s and every year it boggles my mind anew. I noticed it yesterday in the ACC tournament at the Greensboro Coliseum. All the color on the court is made up of...light purple and teal. Really? Why? Of all the colors, and variations thereof, floating around the universe, who decided that the court for a men's basketball tourney should be graced by...light purple and teal? That's so...gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I mean, red, blue, green, orange. Anything! But...light purple and teal? Come on now.

Like I said, I've noticed this trend before. Think back to some of the Final Fours of the past several years and the choice of colors to adorn the courts has been mind-boggling. It's as if they've been trying to outdo each other on the ugliness scale. I have nothing against anything being effeminate nor hideously ugly - honest - but let's keep the basketball courts of America at least a tad bit manly. Please. I was strangely tempted to crochet while watching Virginia-Virginia Tech, and I don't even know how to crochet.

Light purple and teal? Stop that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home