Monday, March 06, 2006

Media Disrespecting Duke?


"I keep hearing talk of Roy Williams being coach of the year, and I'll tell ya, I won't stand for such disrespect. Do you know who I am?"


Apparently, Mike Krzyzewski caught wind of someone in the media saying something nice about someone other than Duke, because now he's developing conspiracy theories about a media out to get him...

"Wow, it's been sad," Krzyzewski said. "And I think it's been orchestrated. I not only think, I know it has been."


Coach K is perturbed at reports that focused on free throw discrepancies between Duke and its opponents. Listen, when your team routinely enjoys a massive free throw advantage, so much so that a team of officials is suspended for gross incompetence following one of your games, well, yeah, some folks might want to talk about that. Sorry. The only news is that it took so long for this to become a story. It's been going on for years.

Of course, this is the same Duke team that just had a game on Saturday night broadcast live on three channels at the same time, including one camera focused solely on its fans.

And this is the same Coach K who had his mug - not to mention his glowing praise of himself - broadcast into living rooms via American Express plugs during every commercial break of last year's NCAA tournament.

But, yeah, the media hates Duke. Poor guy. I hear Dick Vitale is hastily making his way to Durham as we speak to console him.

Coach K shouldn't worry. I'm sure come Sunday, Duke will be placed in the easiest bracket and open up with games in North Carolina.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home