Monday, March 13, 2006

Modern Love



So I'll just throw this out there and maybe get lucky...

Last night I was watching Grey's Anatomy. Actually, I don't really watch the show, but I was flipping channels and came upon an attractive young doc so I finished the scene.

Barely audible underneath the dialogue was a cover of David Bowie's "Modern Love." It was sung by a woman over a very quiet, stripped-down version of the song. It may have been nothing but voice and piano. It was hard to tell. All I knew for certain was that what I was able to hear sounded sweet. And the original is a great song.

So my question is, would anyone happen to know who's covered it recently? The show's website proved fruitless, and a google search came up with nothing but the Butthole Surfers' version of the song and I know it wasn't them.

This will probably be futile, but any help would be great.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill-DC said...

I went to this site, fiddled around and got the answer

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com

Modern Love is performed by a band called: The Last Town Chorus

The band's site:
http://www.thelasttownchorus.com/

9:30 AM  
Blogger UnknownColumn said...

Hey, thanks, Bill. Nice sleuthing. Hopefully, the song sounds as good as it did with people talking over it.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home