Thursday, March 09, 2006

Oh, Glorious Day

Today is a great day and it has nothing to do with the major conference tournaments fully kicking into gear nor the NFL labor deal finally being hammered out. No, today is that day that comes once every year and gives you a tiny kick in the ass and tells you it's all good, move forward, because the good days are coming.

Or at least the warm weather.

Sure, it's still gray and the ground is wet and muddy from rain during the night, and yeah, there will probably be a blizzard by this evening, but when I first walked outside I actually had to stop, look around, and take in all the pure calm. I love that feeling. Pure. Simple. Calm. You can just stand still in it and welcome the nothingness.

There was no heavy freeze that immediately frosts any body part that isn't suitably covered, preferably by something made of gortex or a fireplace, and there was no howling Chicago wind that lets you know that the world is a hard place that'll break you down. There wasn't any wind at all. There wasn't even a breeze. There was nothing. After months of frigid weather, for the first time this year, there was nothing but a pure and simple calm.

Above fifty degrees today. That's what I hear but that might be a low estimate.

Yup, yup. It won't be long now until the halter tops are scurrying about. Mmm, mmm, mmmmmm. I love me some halter tops scurrying about.

2 Comments:

Anonymous priest, they called me said...

Ugh! Ya know...I, oh geez louise!!! Whats the matter with you!?! I mean I think I've been a fan of the Unknown Column long enough to answer that myself, but in the immortal words of Dusty Baker, "come on, dude!" Halter Tops!?! You were leading me down the path man! Im reading this thinking to myself, "I feel you, bro! Calm, peace, spring, new beginnings and shit like that there...But as a build up to FUCKING HALTER TOPS!!! Shit! If you have any love for your fans, all-knowing Unknown Column, please answer my question...Whats your deal, man!?!

9:47 AM  
Blogger UnknownColumn said...

What's wrong with halter tops?

Yeah, sure, I'd prefer chicks to be topless in thongs, but after a few months of full-length winter jackets, gloves, scarves, and ski caps, I'll gladly take halter tops.

Besides, I love those halter tops that wrap around the neck and leave the entire back open. That's the good stuff right there.

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home