Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Quarterfinals Analysis

Well, dear readers, the quarterfinals of the World Cup are set to get underway in less than fifteen hours now, and I say thank goodness. They couldn't come quick enough. These last two days of no games have sent me into an awful, body-rocking state of hellish withdrawal. I feel like Ewen McGregor in 'Trainspotting' when he goes cold turkey and has visions of the dead baby on the ceiling. But worse. And I can't get Jan Koller and his bald head off my ceiling.

Anyway, I figured the least I could do is offer you all some in-depth, high-quality analysis of each game.

ARGENTINA VS. GERMANY



The pick? Germany 2-1

ITALY VS. UKRAINE



The pick? Italy 1-0

ENGLAND VS. PORTUGAL



The pick? England 1-1 (Brits through on penalty kicks.)

BRAZIL VS. FRANCE



The pick? Brazil 1-0

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

France is going to beat Brazil, mark my words.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Tottito10 said...

My previous post on this blog predicted that Totti and Toni would come to life just at the right time for Italy.

Totti - two assists against Ukraine
Toni - two goals against Ukraine

We'll be seeing more of the same on Tuesday when the Azzuri take on Germany.

Unknown Column: I'm anxiously awaiting your game summaries for Friday's games. I can't wait to see what what nutty insults you have in store for the Italians this time.

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love being right. In your face Brazil!

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home